Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Arrival in Manhattan...And David Letterman

The general population would agree that bringing a motor home into Manhattan is not the best idea of 2010. My grandfather, however, says this is the thing to do.

I am not sure if Manhattan-Motor-Home-Driving has ever been attempted but it is up for nomination as a new Olympic sport . . . right along-side the “push-the-ridiculous-disk-thing-on-the-ground-with-a-stick” sport, it is a horrible name they chose, I know. This driving extravaganza includes: driving the wrong way on a one-way street and an incredible parallel parking job and multiple-day-camp-out right in-front of our apartment. Thank you to security guard Nathanial who refuses all offers of cookies due to his recent weight loss. I like the people here.


So grandpa only hit one car. I would consider this a success. He also did it while driving the wrong way on a one-way, this is for bonus points. We were right next to a restaurant called “Covo’s” – a fantastic place with Dominicans and Italianos and everyone kissing and hugging, dating must get confusing amongst the staff there. Anyways they have salsa dancing Wednesday nights and I am interested to go. Someone said the Dominicans dance salsa like the Puerto Ricans...we shall see. If so, this includes the men spinning the women and being so focused on their own moves that they generally let go and potentially drop the women.

These last few days we have been furiously cleaning. “Furious” is not even strong enough. Grandma was put on bleach probation by aunt Beth when she used an entire bottle to clean the bathroom and suffered slight asphyxiation.

Grandma wore white for a reason...bleach queen!
After that and many “son of a bitch”s (pronounced fast as “son-va-bitch”) as grandpa’s catchy key phrase, almost as catchy as Reba, I had enough. We did what we could but then I called in housing. Prayed on it to calm down, but was thoroughly upset with housing. After visits, calls, and notes…housing has been amazing. I know nearly all of the maintenance staff in our building and what kind of Vodka our polish (I think?) painter likes.

 I can’t believe pre-health professionals lived like this.

Don't worry... Tanya and Marco in housing have been a huge blessing. We have a brand new dishwasher and stove.
Previously inhabited by M.D. pH.D. students who apparently fried everything – food, their books, cereal and the kitchen cabinets – I think their curriculum should include a cleaning course. Is Monavie religious? Hmm an infomercial is on.

In an effort to maintain integrity on the west coast - - I am going to continue the blog. What should I name it? Take the quick survey! The winner will escape future harassment via my blog =) Vote now- just click here!

To see all pictures of our trip- check out the next post ( it is a link to shutterfly =)

No comments:

Post a Comment