Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 4 - Friday August 13th 2010

I don’t have a consistent date/title - - this is something that bothers me.

So New Mexico doesn’t look like Texas but Texas looks like Oklahoma and I can’t take a picture of a welcome sign if it hit me on the head. You know you are in Texas when the road kill are armadillos and there is a lady mowing her lawn in a sit-down with a cold beverage. Okay, debatable question - - Amarillo Texas. Is it pronounced “amari-L-o” or “amar-ee-o” (like the Spanish word for yellow)?

Today started with a sewage pipe repair. I finally got my hands on some needle-nose pliers…it was glorious. Then breakfast in Tucumacari at a brand-new Denny’s. You know, you think they are all the same until your oatmeal comes out salty.

Today went very smooth-I can’t actually remember anything. I wish I owned a phone company.

Reading devotional - - an obscure proverb “The path of life leads upward for the wise to keep him from going down to the grave.” (Prov 15:24) … I enjoy John 14:26 “But the counselor , the holy spirit, … will teach you all things and will reminds you of everything I have said to you.”

In Texas even Jesus is bigger ;) hehe kidding


Met a couple, Cynda and Tom…go figure…my grandpa Tom and Grandma Linda, today in Oklahoma at a chinese restaurant where we stopped for dinner. They were very shocked to meet Christians from California. They said they didn’t think they existed- - not in a demeaning way but the view of CA from elsewhere in the U.S. is not, what I am finding, how we Californians see it…well duh, that is probably obvious. Anyways, they were telling us about their granddaughter Mallory, 5 years old fighting neuroblastoma. Thank you Dr. Drath for biology of cancer, I was able to understand the alternative treatment they were trying on her. Anyways, before she was positively diagnosed, at age three, she was walking with her mom and grandma to have a scan done. She stopped, looked up to her grandma and said, “gamma, someone in my head told me I am not going to die.” Two years later, tumors disappearing inexplicably, the stage-4 neuroblastoma is in remission. Relying on an alternative treatment to essentially supercharge her killer T-cells….she is considered a miracle. Wow. Chills. God works in mysterious ways.

Good night all….drive on…or as my Uncle Sean says… “I am done talking with you.” =)
little E. coli and I trying out loungers...this was a nice one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment