Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 8 – Tuesday August 18, 2010

I am never eating grits again. Oh and we found tires and wheels (rims? I don’t know what they call em)

So we entered Michigan today and despite the slow approach of the welcome to Michigan sign I said, “forget it,” to trying to take pictures of the welcome signs. Well, there were two signs so I figured I have no excuse for missing both and grandpa slowed down to about stopped and scolded me to get the picture.
Welcome to Michigan Sign # 2
I am feeling rather dimm-witted today. I don’t think that means what I think it does. So, anyways, grits. We became such good friends in such a short time but I didn’t realize what they were made of. After getting into town to pick up Aunt Beth and Uncle Sean, Bethy kindly informed me of the massive quantities of butter and oil that are used to make grits….great. I thought they were somewhat healthy yet lacking nutrients due to its corn base. Now that I know they are basically a bowl of saturated fat, they don’t taste quite as good. No wonder I was not hungry for the past three days. Deception and lies. Lesson: just because it tastes bland and healthy doesn’t mean it is not the equivalent of eating a Snickers bar, this is a universal truth.

FINALLY we found tires. I actually think we found all of the tires that the midwest owns in one shop. No wonder we couldn’t get anything. Huge blessing, right by Aunt Beth and Uncle Sean’s house. (sigh of relief) We also got the shocks re-wielded, after the guy on the phone insulted my geographic intelligence by adding to the address that it was located in the U.S….on planet Earth. Thank you. I have a Garmin so I already knew that.
Checking out the tires with coli

E. coli met aunty Beth and received a new “cillia”-do. She looks so pretty. Pretty E. coli!
Breast Cancer Oil Filters...I don't get it. 

Everybody loves a lil' E. coli ...


Tomorrow we will be headed off to Niagra Falls and perhaps the blog will have some speacial guest writers =)
Drive on….

No comments:

Post a Comment