Wednesday, August 11, 2010

California to Arizona - Day One

Thank you so much everyone for being such a great support. E. coli and I are so very grateful for such incredible people! Okay so this blog will chronicle our - Grandpa and Grandma Giandomenico, my (Brittany - writing on behalf of my bacterial friend E. coli ...hah), and E. coli's trip across the United States...potentially a small bit of Canada if all goes as planned...yes planned. We have potential guests joining us in Michigan too!... real people not any kind of other microbe or inanimate object.

Day one - We got off to a bit of a late start... 3 ish... grandma and grandpa had a beer before we left and I had a panic attack. Packing an entire room of a female is an emotional/physical/spiritual battle. Goes something like this. (beginning of packing) "Oh yes I will need that huge oversize ugly jacket for when it gets really cold inside the apartment in NY in winter because I wouldn't actually wear it outside-pack it." (Fast forward to a full-RV and two huge boxes packed for UPS.) "Crap, there is MORE manicure items in this cupboard....AMY take it. That jewelry, all my underwear, blankets - - not essential someone take it. Jason that dress would look great on you." Well we managed to get it all in there with help. My mom, Jojo's, ability to ignore spacial reasoning yet succeed in packing way to much in very small spaces, my dad, Rob's, large upper belly strength to "shove" people and things beyond natural stress points, Jason trusting me to drive the truck. Hah-mistake. Ana dusting while holding my beautiful baby sister. Sam's really nice shoes- grandma made me lay down on the concrete as a mat so he could load the under-belly compartment of the motor home without scuffing his clean white kicks. I think it worked ;) Sarah for taking all of the - purses, clothing, jewelry, and... clay that I could not pack. Enjoy them beautiful girl! All the friends texting and stopping by to say goodbye- so amazing and blessed to have incredible people like YOU in my life... and Linda, our beautiful neighbor in San Dimas, who came by mid-panic attack with some beautiful singing stress-balls. Good timing Linda! - RV's orifices haha. What?! I had to keep the ugly brown jacket in the chance it is cold inside the RV.

So anyways - we took the 57 to the 210 then called it a night... I kid - Grandma will physically not allow grandpa to stop the RV without driving at least 300 miles. So we continued to the 15 and now we are camped out someplace in Arizona off the 40East. Get this - Grandpa has me navigating. This is a good gauge of the trip considering I get lost in the city I have lived in for 23 years. No biggie - I can navigate the U.S. Quick recap because we need to eat soon - Taking to Dawna on the phone and we hear a "pop" - alright blow out? So we pull off ... no blow out but it is about 150 degrees-perfect to clean the review mirrors. Saw a gas station with showers - amazing. They also had more flavors of black coffee than I thought existed - who knew the people of Havasu were so sophisticated...it was located right next to the "beer cave".

Stopped for dinner at the "Cracker Barrel" - is this a racial slur? Grandma and Grandpa laughed as I asked this question - I later found out they didn't know "cracker" was what some call white people. I am not sure what was funny about that then? Anyways the food was amazing - grilled fish with green beans baby carrots and a corn muffin. I also may have purchased some snacks for my loved ones. Don't worry E. coli had her hands, er cilia, all over the task to find the most appropriate snack for some of my favorite people....guess which is yours (if there is no picture I will add one...eventually)

Amazing quiet time this morning - ran around the motor home park about 10 times then did some abs arms and booty workouts. Going to cling to this one on the trip - Psalms 121 "I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does me help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber; ...the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night."

E. coli and I are very excited -  Time for breakfast and to start the adventures of day number two....I love you mom! Don't be sad....just think the handle on the fridge won't be sticky anymore from my eating antics at midnight including the stickiest food I can find =) You better be using the mug I got you!!!Wait...I have to say this...tv is on and I am in a state of confusion - you can buy a "booty-pop" pants that already have a butt for those who don't have one...? I think this just MIGHT be a suitable rival for the ominous snuggie.

Have an amazing day everyone - cherish and savor each and every moment. Drive on.

5 comments:

  1. :)
    Your blog led me to psalm 121
    what a MUCH needed psalm right now.

    Thanks!

    Praying for your Adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, loving your blog...I pledge to read it each day of your journey :) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael I am glad.... and Kristen read on...today's is going to be very intersting hahah! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Blog Britt !!! Keep it up, it makes me feel like I am on the road with you. BTW, who is E. Coli?

    Aunt Dawna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh the Cracker Barrel, an American icon...okay, maybe that's a bit much. Besides, it's got nothin' on the Waffle House! I miss you already Britt. Be safe, friend. I'll be checking your blog regularly, it makes me feel like I'm on the trip with ya.

    ReplyDelete